STERILIZE PIG MANURE, SLUDGE OR LEACHATES
Process Main Functions
- Sterilization of highly contaminated bio-wastes without chemical additives
- Partial abatement of BDOD and pre-treatment of contaminants;
- Production of Syngas to use as fuel and production of heat.
For the case of pig manure; the Plasma-Arc-Through Refinery can be used in three main modes for the purpose of producing:
- Organic solid fertilizer, Syngas fuel, and depurated irrigation water;
- Organic solid fertilizer, Syngas fuel and waters for municipal discharges;
- Organic liquid fertilizers, Syngas fuel and 1% solids for municipal discharges. For the case of municipal or industrial sludge or landfill leachate, Plasma-Arc-Through reactors achieve complete sterilization and partial treatment of contaminants conventional equipments can be used for the treatment of downstream effluents, according to the needs of the clients and local regulatory requirements.
The volume of bioliquids processed per hour depends on power, Total Suspended Solids (TSS) chemical contaminants and other factors. Magnegas production also varies depending on TSS as weil as organic content. As an illustration, the 300 kW Plasma-Arc-ThroughTM Recycling Plant depicted below can process pig manure with 1% TSS at the rate of about 30,000 gallons or about 135,000 Liters per eight hour working day while producing about 16,000 scf or about 500 m3 df Magnegas Fuel also per eight hours day.
To recycle highly biocontaminated liquid wastes, such as sludge, septage, farm biowaste, cheese whey, olive oil waste, and other biowaste with up to 10% TSS. The biowaste is passed through the 6,000 °F (3,000 °C) of the submerged arc to achieving full sterilization as well as carbonizing organic components and and polarize contaminants in solution for their efficient depuration. The treatment yields : 1) Completely sterilized and filtered, nutrient rich liquid (in volume about 95% the original biowaste); 2) Magnegas; and 3) Carbonized solid precipitates (in quantity equal to the original TSS).
The Plasma-Arc-ThroughTM module is first filled up with the biocontaminated liquid waste, and operated in the Total Mode until reaching about 250 °F (about 110 °C); then, the Total Mode is kept and the Linear Mode is activated at the pre-determined flow; the incoming biowaste is passed through the heat exchangers prior to reaching the PAF module for pre-heating while cooling down the exiting biowaste; the linear flow is set at the value needed to achieve full sterilization following chemical analyses. Biocontaminated solids (such as chicken manure) can be added to the liquid biowaste up to a total 10% TSS following the activation of a macerator. Final carbonized solids can be combusted to produce green electricity via the addition of magnegas fuel.
Biowaste Recycled: about 2,500 g/h or about 60,000 g/24h (about 10,000 L/h or about 250,000 L/24h) for biowastes with 1.5% to 2% TSS. A proportionately less volume is processed for biowastes with bigger TSS values or with particular contaminants;
Nutrient Rich Liquid: about 95% th original volume;
Syngas Produced: about 1,500 scf/h or about 35,000 scf/24h (about 50,000 L/24h or about 1M L/24h);
Carbonized Solids: about the original value of the TSS HEAT PRODUCED; None usable (the produced heat is used to maintain the PAF over the boiling point).