The facts

  • By 2015, more than 2.7 billion people will lack access to basic sanitation.
  • Only 1% of total water resources on earth are available for human use, while 70% of the earth's surface is covered with water, 97.5% of this water is saline. Of the remaining 2.5% is fresh water, almost 68.7% is frozen in ice caps and glaciers.
  • Up to 30% of fresh water is lost due to leakage in developed countries, and in some major cities, losses can be up to 40% to 70%.
  • About 90% of sewage and 70% of industrial waste in developing countries is discharged into rivers without treatment, often polluting the usable water supply.
  • A person living in sub-Saharan Africa uses about 10 to 20 liters (2-5 Gallons) of water per day on average, a Canadian uses 326 liters (86 gallons) per day.
  • The Need

    Agriculture is responsible for the utilization of about 70% of all fresh water on the planet. This is essentially due to irrigated agriculture, which is about 17% of all cultivated land, which is in turn responsible for 40% of global, agricultural production. (The remainder is "pluvial or rain agriculture").

    Globally, irrigated surfaces have about doubled since 1960. Industry, for its part, is responsible for about 20% of the global consumption of fresh water, a consumption which has risen substantially, since the 1950s.

    To better understand the scale of water utilization in numerous industrial processes, we note that it requires 80 L of water to produce 1 kilo of steel, 1250 L for 1 kg of aluminium and 8600 L to produce a memory card. Water is utilized to cool, wash and lubricate, and is without a doubt, an indispensible asset to industry.

    Domestic (household) consumption of water (drinking, cooking and personal hygiene) represents 8-10% of total water consumption on the planet. Each production of a consumer good, also costs us in drinking water.


    EAWC Technologies was created to respond to the growing need in drinking water and proposes a water purification solution utilizing solar, photovoltaic energy and, when applicable, a mini-windmill or an alternate source of renewable energy. From the sea, lake, river or stagnant, water is passed through several stages of purification and treatment until it is rendered drinkable as per World Health Organization standards.

    In the case of sea or stagnant water, we recommend a treatment via reverse osmosis membranes which permits the retention of dissolved solids and results in obtaining water of drinking quality. If, the water being treated emanates from lakes or rivers, we recommend treatment via an ultra-filtration membrane which functions by retaining suspended materials such as colloids, viruses and bacteria. The systems proposed by EAWC Technologies are containerized and contain all equipment necessary to function in a perfectly autonomous fashion, notably due to a system of automatic cleansing, which can be accessed from a distance via satellite or internet. Moreover, the machines also use available, renewable energy sources such as solar or wind power.

    The Value

  • 100% Solar powered units Autonomous, independent of electricity or fossil fuels.
  • Highly relevant 10 m3 to 200 m3 per day of pure drinking water.
  • Fully transportable and easy to install.
  • Very low maintenance.
  • Best quality materials Swiss Made the system is built to last!
  • Cost of water A 100 m3 unit will produce 36.5 million liters of highly pure water per year at an approximate cost of USD 0.005 per liter.
  • Optional bottling unit.